Saturday, August 6, 2011

That's the thing about perfect, it doesn't exist




“There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.”
~ Douglas H. Everett

Since the last time I connected with you, I've been nested away in the folds of a beautiful heaven, tucked away in the hills of Richmond. This is one of KwaZulu Natal's well hidden treasures, a place called Duma Manzi. I've been shelved away in this paradise since then... all in my head. This place is everything I've ever imagined, this place is love. It's perfect.

I've been feeling love all over again, all the way from the beginning, head to toe. I've been reminded (yet again) that the best things in life are indeed free and not always neatly packaged away in a Louis Vuitton box. I've been touched by softness in every way imaginable and unimaginable. I can't even use words to potray the delicacy of intimacy, the thrill of a heart, the skip of it's beat. I can't begin illustrating it, I can't even comprehend it quiet honestly - honestly.

What I can say to you is this connection of mine is so deeply rooted and brings me to this... As complicated as life maybe for us at times, it does give us moments where it shines through the impossibilities and make it worthwhile to just be, to live. Love is beautiful, life without it is so miserable and yet there is no such thing as a perfect love, however there is always a perfect love for YOU, and when you find your perfect love... do whatever it takes to nurture it, to prune it off it's weeds and cultivate it into your perfection.

My love connection is a huge tangle of weeds, it's seriously overgrown and will need more than my bare hands to weed out the thorns, but it's perfect nonetheless, perfect for me. I thank God I found it. Though it's taken too many wrong turns it eventually led it right here in front of me. No material goods can surpass this overwhelming intense sense of happiness. No one could ever make me leave this. It is my heaven, a place near Richmond, it is like the first time I landed at Duma Manzi.

What is your love? Where is your love? Though they say nothing in life is ever perfect, least of all love, is it perfect for you? The kind of love that doesn't go away. That wants to commit. That has passion interwoven into every exchange. That isn't afraid or timid or slightly off. The kind of love that makes me feel like my heart's appetite, my craving for more of it isn't some weird kind of crazed abnormality.

So this is where I am. This is what I dream about. Let me live in my dream world, even if it's not perfect, it is all I want to have, my future.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment