Sunday, October 23, 2011

My intuition tells me I'm not yet there

Intuition is such a strange feeling, it's like the 6th sense for real. Something so real and tangible you can almost taste it. I knew from a young age, as we all do if we’re tuned into ourselves and our intuition when things just didn’t feel right...

For the past few days I’ve been wrestling with this feeling of unrest, attempting to find the “rightness” in where I am in this moment. Constantly feeling unsettled is driving me to the brink of insanity. I should be happy because in all honesty the world has been my oyster, but yet I have this tingling sensation that I'm not quiet where I should be in my life, weight and career.

Just for a moment I’d like to shut it off, forget the “big picture,” and convince myself that I don’t need to keep searching for fulfillment. You know just loose myself in a few days of drinking and pure indulgence and quiet that voice that keeps telling me there’s more out there.

Yesterday as I was spewing all this craziness out to anyone that would listen, my mom shed some much-needed light on the situation:

That ability to tell when things aren’t right is a blessing. It’s the Universe’s way of guiding you to something that fits better for you. If you didn’t have that you’d never move forward, never get out of your comfort zone, and never experience some of the greatest things life has to offer. That nagging feeling is there for a reason – it’s pushing you in the right direction.

The truth is, she’s right (yes mom, I said you’re right). Every time I’ve made a big move in my life it was spurred on by this feeling that there was a better place for me, that I had the capacity to experience even more happiness than I was already experiencing.

It’s not about failing to find happiness and beauty in the current moment, or looking outside for solutions to internal problems, it’s about allowing these feelings, something most people find as inconsequential – to serve as a guide to what should come next.

Out of all the things we strive to accomplish in our lives, I believe that nothing is more rewarding than experiencing a deeper sense of joy. The fact that we are able to discern between what will bring us closer to this state of being and what will take us further away – is amazing.

I still have that feeling of unrest, but instead of allowing it to represent what is currently lacking in my life, I’ll choose to see it as a guidance tool, a much needed and very clear indication that I have some really spectacular things waiting for me just around the corner...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment